Passenger side window problems

Hi folks,

My car is a 420 (1993) model

  1. Front passenger side window (electric) won't wind up properly. The rear part of the window nearest the middle of the car will wind up, but the front part won't. I've taken the panel off to have a look and nothing seems to be broken, but there is something strange. When the window is wound down, the front part doesn't want to stay in it's guides - almost like they're slightly to far apart, or not aligned. Am I talking out of my a*se and/or can anyone help me fix it please?

  1. Rear passenger side window handle (manual) won't turn at all. I've taken the panel off, and handle. The whole mechanism seems to be locked together although I can't see much of it. Long and short of it is I can't turn the handle. Is there anything I can do to test/fix it?

Many thanks, Steve :)

Reply to
Stephen A

Try to take the glass out (2 bolts hold it to the regulator) then clean out the rubber (where the glass runs) then refit it.

Sounds like you haven't used the rear window for a while, put the handle back on and turn it as if you're closing the window, force it a bit then keep going up and down with it and it should free off.

MikeE

Reply to
Mike