Possible SRS problem.

214Si 1997

Just recently I have noticed that the SRS light will illuminate on the dashboard even after I have been driving the car for some time.

Usually, after starting the car, the SRS light goes out.

It's intermittent and is probably happening once a week or so.

I have checked the connector under the seat but would appreciate any other pointers please.

Should I try to check the actual switch/sensor in the seat itself for damage?

Also, what are the implications if this goes unremedied?

Thanks,

K.

Reply to
Cotku

Okay my bad...

I thought this was the SEATBELT restraint system but I've since discovered it's a the SUPPLEMENTAL restraint system and is linked to the AirBag.

Still, any help will be gratefully received.

:o)

K.

Reply to
Cotku

I jumped over to the MG-Rover forum and registered.

When I get some time, I'll check out the connectors and clean them up.

Cheers,

K.

Reply to
Cotku

Even removing the connectors and soldering up the wires didn't cure my intermittent SRS lamp. What did, was replacing the steering wheel coupler which didn't come cheap, though you can try one from a breakers but if you do that, be careful taking it off, using tape to keep it roughly in the straight-ahead position. I believe also, there was a change in design at a certain serial number so it might be worth discovering when that was.

The handbook suggests switching off the ignition for ten minutes before disconnecting the battery and removing the airbag but after that it was all pretty straightforward.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Cotku,

I have a DiscoII 01 that does the same thing. I've tried to show the dealer, but its one of those things that happens randomly. I hate to say it, but I now ignor it as I cannot pin point the problem

Reply to
News