Rad Fan Switch Need Changing?

On my 1992 Rover 214 sli the cooling fan doesn't cut in until about 3/4 up the temp gauge - can anyone shed light on this?

Can anyone check theirs and report back?

Reply to
Dean Carpenter

I don't have one, but Iwould have thought, providing it remains in the NORMAL sector, that's quite normal behaviour.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Coleman

Well, my old Rover didnt rise above halfway even with the fan cutting in and out! That too was a 1992 214Sli

Reply to
Dean Carpenter

The guage is only a guide and unless it's suddenly changed significantly from its normal position I wouldn't worry. Make sure though that the fuel guage is still reading correctly because it is possible that the voltage regulator that powers both guages has developed a fault, although this is not that common these days.

If you do feel the need to go to all the trouble of removing the sensor and cleaning/checking it you might as well replace it.

Ian

Reply to
Ian