Radio replacement

Hello,

Fed up of the cassette deck in the 25 and want a CD radio head unit.

Can i fit a third party one? will my clock still work afterwords?

Is there and adaptor avaiable for the remote buttons on the steering wheel?

Thanks

Regards Vertuas

Reply to
Vertuas

the clock will work regardless, but depending on what unit you buy you may or may not be able to use the wheel controls. check with the radio manufacturer first. most radios nowadays have simple universal plugs fitted meaning you can simply plug in and go. no rewiring needed, regards. steve.

Reply to
anon

Have a look at the Alpine range. Fitted a nice unit a few years back with additional convertor pack to allow the steering flippers to work with the unit. Local firm called Huets supplied the kit.

All I wanted at the end of the day was a better sound quality, which I achieved without having to change the speakers. I'm not into some of the more involved radio heads and modifications, just better quality of sound.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

Thanks for the posts guys

All i want is a CD player!

Reply to
Vertuas

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:15:17 GMT, Vertuas assembled some one and zeroes in mesage id :

If the radio is a standard din fitting and not the manufacturers special size then try a Sony. They do cd players that have adapters that use the standard wheel buttons. Or they did 18 months ago when I did the same with my Rover 200.

Reply to
M.Pitt

If you're happy with your current radio then the cheapest and easiest way is a personal CD player (about a tenner now at Argos I think!), and an FM transmitter unit (about £20 from Maplin). Connect the two, tune your radio into the same frequency as the transmitter and voila! This method is universal and will work on anything with an FM radio, and there's no security implications as you can stuff it all in the glovebox or take it with you.

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

yes most manufacturers will do a kit for wheel controls. with most cars now having controls on the wheel it would be silly not to.

i picked one up brand new on ebay for my 200. can't rmember how much it cost. but nto alot of money.

sometimes when buying a cd player new you get a kit with it if you tel them your car or connector type at no extra cost.

ROb

Reply to
Rob Beech