Rave CD

Can someone please enlighten me as to what this "Rave CD" is that people keep referring to?

If it's that good, where can I get one?

Cheers

Reply to
Proteus

Rave is the cd that is issued to the main dealers I know a chap who put some on eBay and Rover themselves got on his case, don't know what would happen now though if you get hold of a old one they are dated but that can be got around.

Reply to
R A

Keep looking on ebay and I'm sure you'll find one or two crop up. All of the data on the disc is in Acrobat format PDFs but they are protected so that you can't just extract the one or two PDFs you need and have to copy the entire CD! It'd be great if you could just get the odd PDF or so then it'd be easy to post on the web.

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

The official Rover workshop manuals for most of the models - in Acrobat PDF format and on CD. Much more detail than the equivalent Haynes manuals though it makes many references to Rover special tools which you and I won't have access to. Now if anybody comes across a TestBook unit (laptop type diagnostic computer for the Rover engine managments systems) cheaply...

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

Its being distributed on mininova right now- you need bittorrent installed.

Ad

Reply to
Mad Ad

Anybody knowhow to read an .iso file?

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

I think it was on Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:47:24 GMT that "Paul Hubbard" announced to the world:

Open it in a CD burner like Nero or Roxio. An iso is an image of a CD. When you burn the iso it'll create a copy of the CD. Don't just copy the iso file to a CD, you need to Open the Image (File/Open in Nero) or burn from image (I think) in Roxio.

Reply to
Rob

That's exactly right! I eventually downloaded the .iso file using BitTorrent and burned it onto CD. Had a quick look and I think it will be very useful, especially for electrical and wiring problems.

Don't know if I was just unlucky, but it was really slow downloading the file. Took around 6 hours on broadband!

Anyway, got it at last!

Reply to
Proteus

I think it was on Fri, 2 Sep 2005 08:37:38 +0000 (UTC) that "Proteus" announced to the world:

It took about the same for me. Bittorrent works best (and fastest) when there's loads of people downloading the same thing. It sounds a bit upside-down as normally loads of people doing the same thing slows things down, but with bittorrent you down loads little chunks of the file(s) from loads of different people, so the more in the game, the faster the d/l. You may well have d/l'd some bits from my machine, and vice versa.

Reply to
Rob