Re: Glow Plugs 220 [again]

finally got around to changing the three duff glow plugs on my 220 [ remember, I tested their resistance to find them all OC ] got cylinder two out easily then struggled a bit with number three ...... cleverly was able to fully unscrew number one then found there is no room to extricate it from its orifice as a block connecting the top hose is in the way ....... didn't have time to drain down etc so renewed two and three and screwed back the old one into number one ...... hell of a frost here tonight so will be interesting to see how easily or difficult it is to start in the morning with two thirds of the plugs good ..... thanks all for your comments and advice by the way over the last week or two ..... let you know how the engine fires up in a day or two then promise that's the last of glow plugs, at least from me

omega

Reply to
omega

right, definitely this is the last on the subject [from me] ..... the engine fired with the two new plugs though it was a bit ropey but nowhere as near as bad before I put them in ..... regarding the plug in cylinder one, I was able to simply remove the top hose then the old plug could be jiggled out ........ with all three plugs replaced the engine fires from a very cold start on first click! ..... so it would seem all plugs are needed if you want a clean start now the really cold weather is arriving for those early morning starts ...... for those interested, I was able to get the plugs for £5-98 each including the VAT from a local motor factor, so wasn't too bad after all .....

thanks all again

omega

cleverly

Reply to