re key access code

my key fobs to my rover 214 are knackered and I haven't got the K.A.C as the card were not with it when I bought it, I phoned the rover dealer and he told me to take my log book to him and pay him 20 quid to go on the internet to get the code for my car, does anyone know of this internet site so I can save up to buy a new fob from the rover dealer as I cannot start my car because it wont turn the immobiliser off or can you bypass it in any way...thanks!

Reply to
BB

ken

Reply to
Ken Forrest

I had to replace my keyfob.

AFAIK, you can take a keyfob to the dealer to be reprogrammed but you will still need to pay the dealer the 20 quid as he needs to log onto the Rover website to download the correct information for your car. Make sure you get all of the codes including the radio code and the code for disarming the car by using the key alone(they should give you a sheet of instructions if you don't have the handbook - it's where you turn the key clockwise so many times then anticlockwise, like a combination lock on a safe...) and make sure you go back again if using the key alone does not open the door and disarm the immobiliser. It's a handy thing to know if your fob battery goes flat at some point in the future and you're stuck until you get a new one.

I made the mistake of believing the code they gave me was correct - it wasn't...

Reply to
Cotku