Removing door cards on Rover 400

What is the method for removing the door cards on a '97 Rover 400?

I need to take the front drivers side one off to get at the electric window mechanism as the glass has come adrift of the mechanism and fallen (thankfully not all the way) down inside the door.

There doesn't appear to be any screws holding it on, apart from a fake plastic screw at the top left which just turns and turns when I try to undo it.

Thanks,

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

its not fake, its just a plastic peg inside a surrounding clip, it will come out, remove the door handle (inner) plastic cover and you will find screws behind, if manual windows fitted obviously you will need to remove handles, i think there is also a small screw behind a cap in the middle of the door lever (inner) the rest is just popped on with trim panal clips. prise apart with long flat screwdriver, unless you wish to invest in the correct panal tool, which does the same job really. steve.

Reply to
anon

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:32:39 +0000 (UTC), anon assembled some one and zeroes in mesage id :

There might well be a screw in the door pull. Might even be two. Rover uster love putting them in the bottom of the door pull so they cant be seen in normal use.

Reply to
M.Pitt

Thanks for the info - I'll have another go at it this weekend.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew