River 100 Metro Handbrake cable

Hi

I am trying to change a handbrake cable on a Rover 100 Metro. What a nightmare of a job this is. I think I have overcome most of the problems

But how do you re -connect the cable to the handbrake lever, the only access appears to be through a small triangle of carpet just behind the lever, whilst this allows just enough clearance to take the thing apart how do you put it together, do you cut the carpet to provide better access, or am I missing something obvious,

All suggestions on a postcard please!!!!

thanks for your help

Howard

Reply to
Howard Funnell

Hi Howard, the carpet is the problem,,,,, when during the factory build ,, the carpets and the seats, where the last remaining things to be fitted, so the hand brake cables went in before,,,, cut the carpet and use duct tape to join it again, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy