rover 100 alternator belt change

Can anyone tell me how to replace the alternator belt on my mothers Rover

100, I have had a look under the bonnet but it seems to me that I have to get under the car to undo the alternator's fasterning.All I can see from the top is the pivot point of the alernator. I would be greatful if someone can give some advice please. Dave
Reply to
David Suddaby

Its a real bitch to get to, I've just done one myself.

These cars were not designed to be worked on, in fact, they were designed to prevent people working on them. We had to take the alternator out from underneath, not sure about the belt.

I think it would be in the interest of the country if those responsible for the design were hunted down and shot.

Preferably in public.

Reply to
Garland

Show me a modern car that is 'designed to work on'. If it's not impossible access or special tools then it's just over-the-top electronic complexity needing a supercomputer just to tell you a bulb has blown............. :-)

Andy J.

Reply to
Andy J.

Reply to