Rover 218 Turbo Diesel

Anybody give me info on the fuel system. Got water in the diesel and the fuel filter clogged up. Not sure where to find the fuel pump and is the black plastic knob on the top of the filter a priming pump. If so then mines not doing anything. Mike

Reply to
Mike

After replacing Mike with a small shell script on Wednesday 28 March 2007

15:12, the following appeared on stdout:

Yes, it's a primer and that's probably where your water is getting in. The diaphragm is probably perished. The lift (fuel) pump is actually part of the main injector pump.

The first thing you need to do is get another top housing/priming pump assembly and fit it. Renew the banjo gaskets (copper washers on mine, CAV injection system) on the fuel lines. Then diagnose any further problems from there. The lift pump is probably drawing more air through the perished diaphragm than diesel from the tank at this stage. I'd also advise getting rid of whatever muck is in your tank at the same time.

Reply to
Chronos