Rover 25 1.4 16v 84P's engine

I am after just a small increase in torque as the low-mid range power is not good.

Do you know of someone that produces a upgrade for the ECU for the Rover 25

1.4 16v 84P's engine the car is 2 years old.

I have noted that the throttle only opens about 40% which is set by the way the throttle body and linkage is set this has been set this way from the factory from new, if the body was to be changed to one that gives a full opening would this upset the ECU and give an increase.

Regards

Roger

Reply to
Roger Miles

Is there any slack in the throttle cable? The throttle valve should open

90deg when fully open. The cam arrangement on the throttle valve is designed to give relatively small throttle openings to begin with (makes it smoother at low speeds) then progressively increase in rate towards full throttle.

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

My understanding was that some of the 1.4 25's where fitted with a restricted throttle body. Rover sold this car with two power options, on the lower power car they restricted the throttle body. Basically so they could charge more for the more powerful version.

I am not sure if there are any other differences like ECU map.

Chilly

Reply to
chillypenguin

Go have a look on either the Rovertech

or MG Rover
forums. There is plenty on there about throttle bodies and they various configurations.

Reply to
Anon