Rover 25 Stuttering

Hi All.

Hope one of you could point me in the right direction. Bought a 25 1.4iL 16V, and has been great these last few weeks. Today however she has been stuttering very badly, across all gears, even when warm.

Only done 53,000 miles, 2003 Reg.

I can't see anything obvious like loose HT leads, in fact the engine is imaculate. Not had her tuned at all, was thinking of that anyway.

Hope you can help.

Paul

Reply to
PT

Check and change as required:-

Plugs Rotor cap Rotor Arm Leads

Ten to one she still has the original plugs fitted.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

Thanks Paul, good basic advice.

Sadly in my case the car became totally undrivable yesterday, so I managed to limp to a testing stating that had up to date diags for my Rover.

Turns out that the throttle potentiometer had gone, and needs replacing. This would result in the symptoms I was experiencing.

I'll update when I get my car back :)

Reply to
PT

That would have been the next stage, throttle pot, temp sensor and crankcase sensors.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

Absolutely. Its been 4 days since the fix, and the car is running very well. :)

Reply to
PT