Rover 414i Horn/Alarm

Hi

I am having alarm woes following my car being unused & with a flat battery for a couple of months.

Could any body tell me how to either:

a) Disconnect the horn ( & also tell me where it is)

or

b) Which fuse is for the horn? The key on the underside of the storage compartment that hides the fuses does not refer to the horn at all.

Thanks in advance

Stuart Lightfoot

Reply to
Starwartz

Can't help on either point but alarms drain your battery all the time. Try a trickle charger attached if you can. On the bikes we use a bit of kit called "Optimate"

AJ

Reply to
AJ

Problem is that now that the battery has been charged it sets the alarm off when I reconnect it. I need to disable the noise somehow whilst I reset the alarm/immobiliser using the key sequence at the drivers side door.

Stuart

Reply to
Starwartz