Rover 416 si broken gearbox does honda gearbox fit.

Halloo. Have a Rover 416si april 97 with a rattle during driving. garage says gearbox needs replacing (bad luck). looking for scrappy but that's a problem, until now no scrappy gearbox found (in holland). Does a Honda (concerto i think ) gearbox fit, are the engines the same and the gearboxes interchangeable. Garage says no! If my series is the same as a honda i would like to have the model and type (and type year if its different from 97). Please help me, car still drives but rattle is getting worse.

Greetings Ton Boijmans

Reply to
a.boijmans

Your garage is right. The 416 engine is a rover unit and the concerto is a honda lump. (which probably rotates the opposite way round to the rest of the worlds engines). The gearboxes are also unique. Look for boxes from rover 216 models from the same year(or later) too, they should be the same.

Reply to
M.Pitt

Thank you rover in garage now Greetings ton.b.

"M.Pitt" wrote:

Reply to
a.boijmans

although the job has now been sorted or is being sorte. just a quick note that i have seen a 97 with teh 1600 honda engine in it. (like the earlier models) (perhaps it had been swapped but still....just thought i'd point it out)

Reply to
Rob Beech

They did fit them in automatics

Reply to