Rover 45 radio fuse

Hi Guys

My Rover 45 (2000 model) which I've had for the last 4 years has started blowing it's fuse. Three in the last week and now it won't take a fuse without blowing.

It is a common flaut amongst older Rover's? or can someone suggest another reason.

She's in good order other than that - no obvious rust so I don't think there's damp getting in causing the fuse to go and I haven't added anything to over work the fuse.

Any help gratefully received

Clive Stocker

snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com

Oops

Should have added it's the 15 amp fuse that controls the radio / clock/ cig. lighter

Clive

try removing the cigarette lighter, or if useing an a phone charger etc etc and see if it still blows.

it is not a common problem for the 45 nor any other car.

Reply to
ajsmith

Thanks for replying

Problem solved - an "O" ring had fallen into the cig socket somehow - removed and fuse ok (at present!)

c presented the following explanation :

i had the end of a charger fall out once which resulted in the same thing.

Reply to
ajsmith