Rover 600 speaker sizes

Hi

Does anyone know the front door speaker size on a Rover 620?

Where is it measured? Across the speaker edge to edge, fixing screw to fixing screw?

Don't want to strip the door to find out, and then strip it again to replace the speaker.

TIA

-- R

6" I think. Maplin have an offer for car speakers at the mo and the front doors take the largest (round) ones they do in the promotion. The 6x9 fit the rear parcel shelf fine but are a bit too loud compared to the front ones. In either case you'll need to cut off the existing plugs and crimp standard lucar (spade) connectors on instead. Word of warning: If you're uprating the speakers then you may need to 'doctor' the plastic housing the speakers screw on to - they're usually too shallow unless you cut off the back!

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

Thanks Darren, may pop to Maplin's in my lunch hour.

-- R