Rover 620i

Hi, Im thinking of buying an N reg Rover 620i. Its from a dealer and it has 9 months MOT on it. It looks to be in good condition and the engine is a Honda one. Before I part with any cash is there anything I should look for as a serious problem with these cars or are they fairly reliable?? The car has been offered to me at £800, is this a good price or just average??

Regards, Graham

Reply to
The Magnum

Can't comment on the price but check that all the windows work and that the gearstick doesn't rattle. They're not critical points but they're common and very irritating. Make sure that it comes with the red key.

According to the handbook, it's impossible to get a functional new key without having the red key. The red key is used to "train" the electronics in the key to operate the immobiliser.

Reply to
the.best.names.are.gone

Good call, thanks for that. The driver window doesn't work and the rest are fine including the sunroof but I've got them to promise to fix that before I pick it up. I didn't notice the key but there is only one supplied with the car. When the door was shut I noticed the hazards flash but I cant remember if he pressed the button or put it in the door lock so does that sound ok? I know the battery was flat as it had been standing over Christmas so when he put it back in after charging he put in the radio code and the hazards flashed as above so do you think maybe that part is ok? It has a Honda engine in it which I've been told (by the salesman so im checking) is the best one to have and it sounds pretty quiet.

Thanks and regards, Graham

Reply to
The Magnum

The hazards flash when you lock the drivers door using either the key or remote. They will also flash once when you open it with the remote,

regards,

David

Reply to
David

Hi Everyone.

I went ahead and bought the car. Now I have come across another problem (Its funny how you don't find these things out until afterwards) the blower for the heater doesn't work. Click it in any position and nothing. No fan noise. I have checked the fuse in the engine bay and that's fine as is the voltage on either side of the fuse.

My question is, is this another common fault and if its an easy fix, how do I go about it?

Also, the car does have a factory fitted alarm but I don't have a keyfob for it to open the doors etc, I have to use the key. Is this an optional extra on this car or should it have the keyfob as standard?

Regards, Graham

Reply to
The Magnum