Rover 75 Diesel Auto not running well

Had my 75 for 2 years and 50,000 miles now. Fully serviced at recommended (long!) intervals. Its the Diesel auto version. I now find that power has gone down a lot. It is reluctant to change down and the car judders under load. Any ideas what's wrong?

Reply to
Bob Tuck

Oh dear, I was about to buy one this week! My dealer wants me to buy CDTi Auto instead of "chipping" lower power version. He says there are differences in cylinder head? Anyone know if this is true as price diff he wants for demonstrator is more like a grand instead of the £500 X-power chip costs! He also says that original (111bhp model) like Bob's, is now a run-out model and will be dropped.

In answer to Bob's problem, I once had a Peugeot with a collapsed Catalyst and it wouldn't rev. Took a hell of a long time to find it too. Trouble is, I don't think diesels have catalyst, so I can't help.

ken

Reply to
Ken Forrest

Well I "ordered" my 75 CDTi Auto today. It's going to be "preregistered" for

1 month then I can have it with big discount. Daft isn't it?

ken

2000 R25 Steptronic
Reply to
Ken Forrest

Mine does!

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

For the sake of £500, you'd be a fool to go for the poverty-spec car. It's FAR better to have the genuine Rover power-hike, for obvious reasons !

Most modern Diesel's do have Cats.

Reply to
Nom

Finally got to the bottom of th eproblem - it was the "mapping sensor" that had falied into the computer. Appernatly the computer needs this input to adjust running etc.

Apart from this episode (and it is now running fine) the car is still great after 2 years and 52k miles

Reply to
Bob Tuck

MAP sensor = Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor. Measures that pressure in the manifold, so it knows what boost/throttle/etc. you're running.

Reply to
Nom

Well got "my" 75 CDTi Auto today. And very nice it is too. Only driven 10 miles - so too soon to say much. It's a lot bigger than my 25 though!!

ken

Reply to
Ken Forrest