Rover 820 alarm woes.....

Anybody have any simple idea's barring a hammer / petrol & lighter solution?

My remote locking has just started playing up, a couple of times at first but is now happening almost everytime I want to lock the car. Instead of the healthy clunk of the doors shutting and the re-assuring devil red glow of the inside door lights illuminating the interior, all I get is the warning beep and a feeling that if the thing had arms they would be folded in an "not gonna do it" kind of way, stubborn thing. This can be cured by sometimes moving the car back and forth, or even sometimes just turning the ignition on and off again but I have no idea of the underlying problem, I just know that sooner rather than later, the damn thing will refuse to lock no matter how blue my language turns the air.

and its turning fairly blue......

Reply to
Werther

I may be stating the obvious here but have you tried changing the battery in your remote? Mine has some low battery signal, where it takes several goes to lock when the battery is on the way.

Reply to
Bob Davis

Reply to
Werther

Ok, sounds more like a control unit fault then. Not sure if there's much you can do, other than check all the connections to the unit for security, corrosion etc.

Reply to
Bob Davis

It could be one of the door switches or bonnet switch.

Try opening each door and manually press in the switch on the pillar, then try to lock the car.

This should rule out the switches.

Clink

Reply to
Clink