Rover ignition problem

A local dealer I know is offering me a Rover 620 Si P reg at a baragain price. He acquired the vehicle as part of a job lot transaction.

He has informed me that the car has an ignition/immobiliser problem that prevents the car from being started. There is a log book, MOT, some service history and receipts for the car from previous owner.

Anyone know if this is a common issue and what kind of money would it take to put it right.

I have known this dealer for a number of years, and am fully confident the car is all above board and no shady past.

Thanks in advance for any info .

Reply to
Levyte357

Obviously more than the dealer is willing to spend, given that a non-runner is worth so much less than a runner - especially if otherwise a reasonable car.

Could well involve a new ECU and keys, etc. I'd try ATP first.

Dave Plowman

Reply to
mark williams

HI, the P reg is the facelifted version wich requires a redkey to allow new keys to be programmed. A new Alarm ECU and red key costs lots of money.. Though I think the ECU can be bypassed. If you ask on the rover 600 yahoo group or

there's alot of very knoage able people on there. The 620's are very nice cars :)

Dan

Reply to
Daniel Gibbs