Security code for R652 radio cannot be entered

I have the security code for the radio in my Rover 214 but since the day I removed the car battery (and replaced it) I am unable to summon the radio "CODE" message that prompts me to enter the code. The radio appears to have power as the backlight comes on, but is otherwise pretty useless.

Is there any way to recover use of the radio?

Reply to
bos