side lights

Noticed that side lights front and rear dont work but changed bulbs etc indicators and headlights work on that side any help appreciated thanks colin

Reply to
colin keating

daft I know, but did you check the fuses?

Keith

Reply to
Cotku

Reply to
colin keating

I'm stumped. My next step would be to check that the replacement bulbs actually work. I changed a bulb for my Mum about three weeks ago and it looked okay until I tried to push it into the holder. The bulb separated from the metal part and that was that. I had to get another bulb.

I don't know why I have a niggling suspicion that there may be separate fuses for the right and left side. Something about bulb symbols facing right and facing left... Odd that it only affects one side.

I could be mistaken, I haven't checked my own fuses for so long but I have seen Rover 100, Vauxhall Astra and Corsa fuses infrequently within the last six months.

After that, I'd be on it with a voltmeter checking the path to the cluster from the battery though the switch.

What model is your car?

Keith

Reply to
Cotku

Reply to
colin keating

There is obviously a point where the two sides are commoned together, before going off to the lighting switch. Car wiring diagrams are absolute rubbish in this respect and give no locations for these points. Your best hope is a loose connector, either in the engine bay or more likely behind the dash !

The easy and cheapest cure I guess, is to connect the two sides together with a piece of wire !

Andy Pandy To e-mail, address hopefully, self-explanatory !

Reply to
Andy Pandy

Reply to
colin keating

The fusebox is the place to start. The fronts and rears are often paired each side. The fusebox lid will have a key on the inside as to which fuse to check.

Reply to
Jim Slibo

Not necessarily.

Reply to
Lordy

Reply to
colin keating

Colin,

Glad to hear everything is well again.

Sorry! I forgot to mention in my earlier post that the key to the fuse layout was on the back of the fuse box cover. I just assumed that when you took it off that you would see it.

;o)

Keith

Reply to
Cotku