Single point to multi point

Please ignore the first post of this. DOH!

Sorry for the cross posting but I'm trying to get the biggest FOAK I can on this.

I am toying with the idea of changing my 1992 Rover 214 16v from single point to multi point injection. I have a donor vehicle for this. So I am thinking I will need to change the ECU, Airbox, and both manifolds. Apart from this, does anyone know if there are extra sensors and bits of wiring loom that I will have to work in?

Reply to
gazzafield

Couldnt say about the wiring loom, but some of the sensors will be in a different place, you may have to extend the wiring slightly, if the engine bay wiring is not separate from the rest of the car.

You;ll also need to change the fuel pump and possibly the tank. (SPI = ~15psi, MPI = 30psi.)

tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

Thanks for that Tim. I had a nagging doubt about the fuel pump but didn't quite know why. :-)

Reply to
gazzafield

I would question if it would be worth it. I have owned Rover 414's in both single and multi point, and my preference was the single point. (The single point was a 1992)

Sure the multi point has a few more top end horse power, but the torque characteristic of the single point are much better in my opinion.

Chilly

Reply to
chillypenguin