Spring spec - 214 vs 216

Can anybody tell me what the rate/specification of the suspension springs are for the various models? I've got a Mk2 214 SLi and want stiffer springs, I'm not really worried about lowering the car, in fact, as I'm using it for rallying, I'd rather avoid dropping it, unless it is only by 10-15mm.

Potentially, I can have the springs from a 216 coupe (with the K-series engine). Are these likely to have a different rate or height from a 214 hatch?

Reply to
Clive

It would appear that all mk2 models ride at 394mm at front and 392mm rear except those models with sports suspension at 374mm front 372mm rear. The springs are colour coded if the coupe has sports suspension the rear springs are coded with a pink band of paint, 220gti/turbo(93>) 220 coupe/turbo have lowered sports suspension also the diesel models have "uprated" suspension but not lowered.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Thanks for the useful info, I'll check out the replacement springs. Do you know if the "sports" suspension has firmer springs?

Reply to
Clive

I think the diesel versions had stiffer front springs.

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis