Supercharging the VVC engine?

Hi All,

Does anyone here know whether it is at all feasable to use the BMW Mini Cooper S Supercharger to give the K-Series VVC engine a bit more oomph?

I'm assuming that the variable cams and associated gubbins would have to be junked in favour of some fast road cams and an uprated set of pistons put in, as that seems to be standard practice when tuning up the VVC lump. What would one do for a manifold? Is there anything else one should consider? What kind of power outputs could be expected? 200-230bph??

I'm asking 'cos these superchargers are always cropping up on eBay and they are getting cheaper as more and more people are going for the Works upgrade. So I was thinking MGF VVC + Supercharger + uprated brakes & suspension etc = wahay!

Any comments?

Cheers,

Ian

Reply to
Ian Wilson

not unless you want to replace the pistons and valves and probably the big / small end bearings every 6 months. the majority of "turbo'd" engines use a much lower compression ratio in the cylinders because of the stress put on the crank etc so its not really feasable unless you plan on replacing the crankshaft to change the compression ratio. steve.

Reply to
someone

Very feasable - you can apply forced induction to virtually any engine, as long as you drop the compression ratio appropriately, and fool/replace the engine management to take the boost into account.

If you have to pay someone else to do the work though, it's gonna cost you BIG money !

Reply to
Nom

Try asking over on the forums at

in the moddingsection :o)