Weak wastegate spring?

T16 Turbo (420)

How easy is it to sort this problem out?

Thanks, Steve :)

Reply to
Stephen A

Very. Spend £25 on a

to replace the stockBoost Controller. Because this is "upstream" of the wastegate, it'll cureyour problem. Also has the added bonus of you being free to set your ownboost level - don't go above 13psi though.

Reply to
Nom

Unlikely to be wastegate then. Surely there's no pressure at all on the wastegate, until you hit 0.8bar and the GBE valve opens ? Before you reach

0.8bar, no air can get to your wastegate because the GBE is closed.
Reply to
Nom

Could the wastegate be opening under pressure from exhaust gases acting directly on it? Or does it open against the pressure?

Reply to
Twinkletoes

Dunno.

:)

Reply to
Nom

| > Could the wastegate be opening under pressure from exhaust gases acting | > directly on it? Or does it open against the pressure? | | Dunno.

Well, I'm now getting engine rattle between 1,500 and 2,250 rpm which I'm fairly sure is the wastegate so that may well be the problem.

Steve :)

Reply to
Twinkletoes