Where on the engine is the......?

I have a Rover 416 sli '93 with honda engine. It aint working at the mo. Ground to a halt a week ago. Thought it was a fuel blockage but have been informed there is no spark. On reading many postings it seems it might be a good idea to check out the crankshaft position sensor. haynes manual isnt much good at helping me to locate it. Can anyone help?

Reply to
Jules

You can find that sensor in the distributor, but my guess is it will be the amplifier which is also in the distributor, its a common failure, just about the only failure come to think of it, there a good engine :-)

Reply to
R A

honda wasent that advanced only on later twin cam engines did they use crank sensors

Reply to
starmann