Whining noise on 94 Disco when approaching 40mph

I have a 94 Disco that was given to me by my cousin a while ago and I love it, but I a few months ago I noticed that when I approach 40-50mph there's a whining noise coming from the area right by the passanger side glove compartment. I can also hear it when I coast around that speed. It goes away when I get down to about 25 but I was just wondering what's causing this and how could I fix it since sometimes I ride with the radio off and it can be a little annoying. Thanks.

Reply to
eric

It could be an awful lot of things, but I'd have a look at the alternator bearings first off.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

beamendsltd wrote in news:7e5f5904d% snipped-for-privacy@btconnect.com:

...and then I'd check the oil level in the gearbox!

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Is it a Diesel and if so maybe its the Turbo kicking in and whirring away indicating it is working as designed ??

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh Hogan