'03 9-3: Trunk lid emblem

Hello,

I need to replace the trunk lid emblem on my 2003 9-3. Any pointers on removing the old emblem? (Is it attached with adhesive, with pins that I access from inside the trunk - etc.).

Best regards, Njord

Reply to
Njord Noatun

Dental floss, or a thin enough fishing wire.

Reply to
yaofeng

Is it that 3M adhesive?

Dan

Reply to
dan

Got me. I have only taken it apart. Never installed. But I'd probably use two part epoxy not knowing what the correct adhesive to use.

Reply to
yaofeng

According to the parts list they use a double sided tape. It may come on the new emblem.

Reply to
Fred W

Are any of you familiar with the 3M adhesive? I saw a sample of it awhile ago and it has amazing bonding properties and then it can be removed with something like dental floss. I think it is used for traffic signs now etc.

Reply to
Dan

I just got a new emblem for my convertible, and there's a 'peel and stick' paper on the back of the emblem. Just pull the paper off, register the 2 pins, and you're all set for another 5 years of sunshine !!

Good luck with the removal. It's a pain.

Marty from Sunny Palm Beach, Florida

Reply to
Marty from Sunny South Florida