'07 9-3 Mirror Memory

The outside mirrors on my '07 9-3 seem to have a mind of their own.

Most of the time, they are just as I left them, but occasionally they'll both be aimed very low. If I touch the #1 seat memory button they snap back to the correct position. I'm the only driver and I am using remote (key) #1, so I don't suspect someone else is selecting a different seat memory.

I read through the manual and I couldn't find any reference to the mirrors (or seats) returning to some 'home' position for any reason.

I don't think this is the 'lower mirrors' feature, as that only effects the right-side mirror.

Is this a feature, or what?

Thanks

Reply to
John Gaglione

"John Gaglione" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@nntp.earthlink.net...

It doesn't change, if you start the car and take it out of reverse?

On a 9-5 it is only on the right hand side mirror - dunno if it's different on a 9-3.

Reply to
Henrik B.

Suggestion: always post where you are located. Responders in England and Austrailia may give confusing answers. (You are in Ohio, right?)

In addition to the other comments, consider reseating the connectors on the modules. That may help.

Reply to
PeterD

I'm not sure when the mirrors move. Several times I've driven off, only to notice the mirrors are mis-aimed a minute later. I'm the best driver in the civilized world, so I must have checked my mirrors before driving off. That indicates that the mirrors move on their own, once I'm under way.

Reply to
John Gaglione