1.9 Diseasel Engine on 9-5

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any issues with the Diesel (or Diseasel if you prefer) 1.9 TID as fitted on current production 9-5s?

TIA Charles

Reply to
Charles C.

Aside from the noise of the engine you mean ? ;~)

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Hi,

When I drove a 9-3 diesel I can't remember the noise. There again it was 60 miles two ways. Friend wants to test drive 9-5 diseasel.

For noise the 2.2 was good. I was glad to get back in my 9000 when I took the car back to the dealer :-D It was also slower than a transit.

I am thinking more about snapped belts, compression rings coming out the oil sump plug, pistons going through the sides of the engine if the wrong gear is selected in a downshift, or at 50k miles it needs a major rebuilt.

You know, oil pick up tube getting blocked kind of thing :-)

:-) Charles

Reply to
Charles C.