17 inch versus 16 wheels saab 9-5

I just bought a used 2003 Saab 9-5 Sport wagon with 17 inch wheels. I am seriously thinking of converting to 16 inch wheels for improved tire wear, ride and traction, especially in the winter months. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments. Am I overly concerned? The dealer I bought the car from may be able to make the switch for me. I really like the look of the car with the larger wheels but I assume the 16 wheels are more practical.

THanks for you input

Jim

Reply to
Jim W

I just purchased a used 2003 saab 9-5 sport wagon with 17inch alloy wheels and am thinking of converting to 16 wheels for wear, traction, ride reasons. Does anyone have any comments on the pro's and con's of

17 inch versus 16 wheels? Thanks Jim
Reply to
Jim W

I just purchased a used 2003 saab 9-5 sport wagon with 17inch alloy wheels and am thinking of converting to 16 wheels for wear, traction, ride reasons. Does anyone have any comments on the pro's and con's of

17 inch versus 16 wheels? Thanks Jim
Reply to
Jim W

Use youre 17 inch wheels in summer months. Use wintertire in winter months. I have 205/16 55 as wintertires but they at far to wide. The best for winter months is 195/16. If you like to drive Just take the bad with the good ang keep driving on youre 17 inch wheels. If youre 9-5 is only 150hp change to 15 inch. The car do not need 17 inch wheels.

Saab 9-5 Aero owner. Orat

Reply to
orat

What part of the world are you in, what are your winters like? If you have more than occasional snow, you might consider a set of steel wheels and good snowtires for winter. But, how much snow do you get?

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz