1991 Saab 900 Seat Problem

Hi, Anyone have any suggestions on solving this: I'm trying to return my two door back to hatchback mode. However, the back seat seems stuck really bad and will not pull out as the first step. I did have a very heavy passenger in the seat - would that cause it as I never had the problem before? Thanks Greta

Reply to
Greta

A Saab Seat 900? Wasn't that the Saab 600?

Reply to
johannes

No, that was a Saab Lancia 600, cooperation with Italy and not Spain.

Reply to
th

Reply to
yaofeng

Was it those that had a knob under the front of the seat to replease the seat base, or am I thinking of the 96?

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

No, there was never a strap to pull it forward. By sticking my hand down at the back of the seat I think a third seat belt (seat belts for three in back) strap/buckle is caught somehow and I am thinking of cutting it. Greta

Reply to
Greta

If it is a 2 door, the seat is fixed isn't it?

2 and 4 doors had fixed rear seats (bolts and spring clips) 3 and 5 doors had seats that folded down to allow large load areas.
Reply to
Elder

Nope Carl, 2/4 door c900 and even the 99 have folding seats. Early 99s use a different mechanism similar to that used on the 96, later ones use the 900 setup (same one as in the hatchback). Found this out the hard way when trying to replace an early 99 rear seat

My last 99 is currently owned by a guy who plays double bass, he just slides it in from passenger door, front seat forward, straight into the boot!

Ken

Reply to
Ken (the sane one)

Oh right OK. I thought the booted rather than hatched ones used the same fixing as the cabrio. I stand corrected on that. Thanks.

Reply to
Elder