1998 SAAB 900 Fog Light Switch

Hey people,

I got a question for the group....I own a 98 900se 4dr. They car is pretty much fully loaded...my rear fog light switch wasn't an option. I have found a used swith to replace where the button in the car is blank...(just the cap). If I were to buy this switch and snap it in over the cap, do you think it is prewired for the rear fog lamp??

Thanks....

Reply to
p digital

I would think the wiring would be there. In the USA, there's only one light hooked up but the wiring is there to install a second rear fog. That's done because the two rear fogs can look like rear brake lights with both on, although some people do hook them both up.

That said... are you in the USA? THe SE's all had the rear fog as far as I know. If you want to go ahead, post here and I can check and tell you what color the connector is for the rear light. It' might be a little work to fish yours out of the dash without removing a few panels and vents.

Reply to
me

Yes, I am in the USA. If I buy the "switch" I agree that the wiring would and should be there, all I would have to do is remove the "fog light" fake plastic cover and plug in the actual switch, and install the correct bulb in the left side of the rear lamp....

Reply to
p digital

I will peak today and let you know what color the connector is.

Reply to
me