1999 9-5. Questions

I have always loved Saabs. I am looking into buying a car and I have seen a couple of 9-5s from 1999. They all have between 130,000 -

160,000 kilometers and are reasonably priced, maaybe a little too reasonably priced. does anyone have any advice on these cars? Are they good buys? Are they horrible buys? What should I look for when test driving?

Thanks in advance.

Nate

Reply to
Lowbeer

Hi,

Google for "saab sludge" and permutations. Once you understand what it is and how it shows up you know what to look out for.

Basically a car that has been serviced by the manufacturer's spec is prone to creating sludge. If it has been used in short trips even if serviced by the manufacturers spec or missed service intervals it is rather certain to get sludge

Otherwise nothing particularly bad about them.

Cheers Charles

PS. The depreciate a lot hence they can be attractive to buy.

Reply to
Charles C.