1999 Saab 9-3 Convertible (2.0) - strange problem

Hi All,

I have a 1999 Saab 9-3 Convertible with about 90,000 miles on it. The car starts and runs well. However, sometimes when the car idles (regardless of transmission state), the engine goes to near stall condition and then idles high for about 2 seconds and then goes back to normal. Sometimes it happens multiple times within about a minute.

This is what I have done so far,

1) Checked all the hoses for leak but wasn't able to find any. 2) Replaced the fuel filter. 3) Replaced both Oxygen Sensor. 4) Cleaned the AIC 5) Cleaned the throttle body.

So far none of the above did anything.

I love the car however for past 2 months I am having problem with the car. Any advice to what to look for will be appreciated.

Reply to
aa

Any codes in the computer? It does not sound like the typical DIC problem but perhaps it's worth checking. If you have not replaced the DIC, it might be worth buying one anyway so you have a spare. You are well beyond the normal life. But, I'm suspicious that it's something else.

Reply to
- Bob -