"2 key transponder" on SID in 2001 9-3 TiD

Hey group

this morning I had the erratic warning "2 key transponder" on the SID of my 9-3 TiD (2001) when starting up.

I has done so before but it happens rarely. I don't think it's key-battery-related because I always can keep on using the key afterwards and have never needed to change the batteries so far.

Filip

Reply to
fvbourgo

If you press the button for opening the backdoor when the key is in the ignition - the car will respond with a message in the SID showing you how many keys and transponders there are programmed to the car.

Its a nice feature to have if you are buying a used Saab to check that you have all the keys and transponders.

Regards Tore ML

Reply to
Tore

"Tore" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bu69ln$e2hob$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-188551.news.uni-berlin.de...

Does this work with the European 2003 9-3 sedan, too? Any other nice hints?

Cheers

Nicky

2003 9-3 Sedan Arc
Reply to
Nicky Serfling

My car is a 2000 9-5 Estate (European, I live in Norway) - if this works on your car - I don't know. You could try - or check the user manual...

Regards Tore ML

Reply to
Tore

"Tore" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bu740e$ed8fj$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-188551.news.uni-berlin.de...

Dear Tore,

I will try this tomorrow and will report it. In the manual there is nothing like this mentioned.

Cheers

Nicky

2003 9-3 Sedan Arc
Reply to