2000 9-3 check engine light

I own a base 2000 9-3 with 62k miles and 5spd gear box. Today the check engine light came on after filling my gas tank. I have checked the gas cap and unfortunatly is not solving the problem. It also seems that the turbo isnt responding as normal, the gauge will go up but doesnt seem to provide the punch that it was before. When i purchased the car i was given a work order showing a replaced turbo already so i dont know what to think at this point. Does the car automatically inhibit performance to preserve the motor in case of a serious problem or could the turbo have caused the issue. I just purchased it last week, i also posted another issue with the clutch a few days ago with a lot more details. It still carries a complete car warranty but I am afraid the shop will just clear the error code and send me on my way, not resolve the problem. Any ideas are greatly appreciated, I have no mechanical knowledge and I cant afford to have recurring problems...

Reply to
username0327

What kind of gas did you put in it? Could the gas be the problem?

The codes can be read from the ECU (at the dealership) and you will know exactly what is causing the Check Engine Light (CEL)

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound