2000 9-5 Aero Hydraulic sound/noise

I am experiencing two sounds from the engine compartment that I have been unable to identify and would like your help.

When starting out cold (I am located in New England) there is a sound like a squealing v-belt. It only makes this sound when the engine is cold and until the temp needle begins to move off the pin. The second sound which I think is linked to the same source - is one like that of a whining power steering pump. You know, the hydraulic sound.

To date I have replaced the power steering pump (with a used one); the water pump; Steering rack (rebuilt); serpentine belt and tentioner pulley. Oh, I replaced the alternator with a Bosch rebuilt, too.

The sound is strikingly similar to the teering pump on the early 90s 9000 models, but I have already replaced the pump. Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

BM snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
BMRider

I read on a Swedish site, there someone described the noise as you did, and the solotion was simple in hes case it was the engine oil filter bypass walve that make the sound.

Change your oil filter thats no more to it.

Brg /Sid

"BMRider" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@gwi.net...

Reply to
Uncle Sid

walve that make the sound.

Thanks for the info. Sorry about the lisp. :-) (walve....)

--=20 Regards, Peter Wilkins

Reply to
Peter Wilkins

I do now my english is not that perfekt, but it's 20 yrs sins i went to school here in Sweden and studied your language. This particular fault is rather common on Saab 9-5 as far as i know. Best luck to you.

Regards, Sid.

"Peter Wilk>I read on a Swedish site, there someone described the noise as you did, and

walve that make the sound.

Thanks for the info. Sorry about the lisp. :-) (walve....)

Reply to
Uncle Sid

f=F6rl=E5t Sid, I didn't intend to poke fun at your English: I thought it was just a typing error. Your command of English is magnificent compared to my Swedish, so congratulations. (My command of Swedish is zero). =20 You: v=E4luppfostrad, me: obildad.

--=20 Regards, Peter Wilkins

Reply to
Peter Wilkins