2001 9-5 wagon

Hello, i am all but committed to a 2001 Saab 9-5 wagon with 47,000 miles in it, and with the 4 cylinder linear engine. it is very clean inside and out. because of a tire causing road noise, he has cut the price from 15,000 to

14,800. It was 15,900 for a couple of weeks and he didn't get any buyers so he lowered the price. had been a lease car prior to this.

I have never spent so much money on a car and need it to last for another

150,000-hopefully without putting a lot of money for repairs into it (knowing I will have some).

good deal? thanks, Tim

Reply to
Tim

Tim Saab is a good car but when they break they are expensive to fix unless you make your own repairs.

My 1988 Saab 9000 died with 250000 miles on it and and I never really spend much money fix it .It was a very strong car.

Now I own a 2001 9-5 aero and even knowing I love this car it always scares me going to the dealer out of warranty I don't think Saab's are made as strong as they use to anymore some parts on the 9-5 are giving up to early.

Good luck JB

Reply to
"AERO"

If it needs tires, a set fully mounted and balance is going to be $350 to $600 for quality tires. So, figure that in. I would have a (independent if possible) Saab mechanic look it over before purchase. People who know Saabs can spot things you won't see. In general they are very reliable and the motors run forever with proper oil changes. But, repairs are not cheap in terms of parts or labor (true of every car now) so spend $100 to find out if the car has issues before you buy. It's cheap insurance on $14,000.

Reply to
Retro Bob

thanks, we did that (94.00$) and everything looks good. I am excited. I love my Toyota Corolla wagon but seems like rather than a nice little appliance we will be driving something that is quite fun and comfortable.

It didn't make a difference in the sale, but i am curious to see the effect of the cooling seats next summer ;-).

Reply to
Tim