2003 9-3 Auto Stalling?

I am writing this as a potential Saab 9-3SS customer in the coming months. I have test drove many cars in the 9-3 class and have found your car to be the best combination of price,features, and "fun to drive factor".

However, I am writing this due to some of the disturbing news that has come to my attention lately about the 9-3 Sedan. Apparently, there have been cases of unintended stalling of the automatic transmission models when the car is moving in traffic. I have found this information through various Saab owner forums and also the NHTSA Office of Defects Investigation on the internet. As you probably can attest, this problem could be potentially fatal if the car should stall in high volume/speed traffic situations. From what I can gather from the above-listed sources, the problem seems to affect auto transmissions only. In addition, many owners have posted on the internet that the Saab service centers have a varied opinion as to the source of the problem. Every thing from fuel pumps to ECU (computer control) seems to possibly be at fault for this disturbing problem.

Please excuse the amount of questions but I am very concerned. It would be a shame for me to eliminate the 9-3 from my buying considerations because of a potentially serious problem such as engine stalling.

Reply to
JNGold