2003 9-3 Radio Question (AUX)

I have a 2003 SAAB 9.3 Linear. The radio has an AUX selection. I'm assuming that this is for an external device. I do not have the manual and want to know more about it.

Any Info.

Reply to
Alvin Carter

The AUX input is in the elbow rest compartment for CDs and needs to be wired - not wired as standard as I understand it.

hc

Reply to
Hugh_C

That's correct. In 2003 the aux cable was not included, but can be bought at any SAAB dealership for ~$40.

It's pretty easy to install but requires some fiddling around with the center console to run the cable and pull out the radio to plug it in the back.

Oh, the aux cable uses the same input connector that a trunk mount CD Changer would use, so if you already have that option I believe you are out of luck.

My '03s both have the in-dash CD changers, so I was OK to add the aux cables.

Reply to
Fred W

How do you do this, is there a special tool?

Thanks,

hc

Reply to
Hugh_C

No. No special tools.

The instructions are downloadable from the web link I provided earlier or here:

Fred W

Thanks Fred.

My problem is that there's a CD stuck in the player and I'd love to remove it. I originally misread this posting.

Any ideas about removing the CD player and investigating its innards? Is it likely that the entertainment system would need to be "re-coded" after this with a diagnostic tool. I'm being quoted silly money by the local repair shop.

Thanks,

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh_C

I don't think the system would need recoding. It's not like many other systems where it loses its mind when unpowered. But if you tried to use a different CD player, the player and head unit would need to be re-married to work together.

I've never done any work on the in-dash CD changers in my cars as they have never failed, but I'm fairly confident you can take it out and play around with it with no fear of losing any codes.

Reply to
Fred W

Thanks a lot Fred. Do you know if I need any special tool for removing the player?

Thanks again,

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh_C

No. Follow the directions at the web link (related to the aux connector) that I sent you twice now.

Reply to
Fred W

Got that, thanks Fred.

Reply to