2004 9-3 Shifter Know - How to remove

Anyone know how I remove the shifter knob on a 2004 9-3? It's falling apart and I want to replace it but have to get it off first.

Thanks,

Ian

Reply to
Ian

In a 1995 900SE you just pull on it, with moderate force and it comes off the shaft, including a plastic sleeve, it _may_ be the same in a 9-3.

Reply to
MH

Maybe yours pulled off, not mine :-)

I used careful dissection with a utility knife, some diagonal cutters, and large channel lock pliers. I've heard that some guys use a hacksaw but I didn't want to risk scoring the shaft.

Be careful with the reverse lockout mechanism - don't damage the tube and make sure it goes back in the right orientation and depth.

Reply to
still me