2005 9-3 Sport Sedan, radio lights will NOT turn off!! Battery will drain and be dead, please help!! Can I pull a fuse or something???

All,

A friend has a brand new 2005 9-3 SS, radio won't go out and will drain battery. Saab says NOT to jumpstart this car as it will ruin the car. What do I do???

How can I turn the radio off? The off button doesn't work, etc.!!!

Is there a FUSE that is JUST for the RADIO as a temporary fix so the battery is NOT DEAD?

It's late at night and they need to turn off the car, anything else to do??? Please help!!!

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

battery. Saab says NOT to jumpstart this car as it will ruin the car. What do I do???

is NOT DEAD?

Please help!!!

I have a "friend" who made the mistake of buying a GM900 :-)

Have your "friend" read the Owner's Manual. That should tell you where to find the fuses and what they protect - at least Saab Owner's Manuals used to have that information. You can always disconnect the battery - negative first. Then you can remove the battery and charge it with a battery charger. Just before you take the car to the dealer to get it fixed for free under the warranty - put the fully charged battery in the car. I don't know why Saab would say you can't jump start the car, but this approach should not damage the car.

Tell your friend to buy the extended warranty if it has not been purchased already. Murphy's Law #13 - if you paid lots of money for an extended warranty, the car will NEVER have a problem until AFTER the warranty has expired.

Reply to
ma_twain