2005 Saab 9-3 Linear electronic window and locks no longer work

I don't know why, but both are dead. I have checked the No.6, 30A micro fuse located in the rear electrical center and it was good. There are no other electrical problems that I have noticed.

Can someone help me find this or am I looking at a visit to the dealer?

Reply to
bobbb.bbbbb

That car is still under warranty. Go get it fixed.

Reply to
Fred W

I wish that were so Fred, but I bought this car used with 65k on it. There's no warranty on the body, or I wouldn't bother you.

Reply to
bobbb.bbbbb

Then write to Saab HQ in your country. It sounds like poor wiring in the door, it obviously shouldn't fail so early in the cars life.

Reply to
johannes

I appreciate your suggestion, but I would prefer fixing my problem to complaining to someone about the design on the car. Anyone with some technical advice to add?

Reply to
bobbb.bbbbb

It's not the design which is wrong, it's what we call a 'monday car'. Somebody made a poor wire connection. If you fix it your way, then it might be necessary to remove the interior door trim, this is tricky to reverse for DIY.

Reply to
johannes

Sorry for that. I assumed a 2005 would have ~20-30 k miles on it. The body gets the same 4 year 50k mile warranty (here in the US) that the rest of the car gets. But if you bought used at 65k I guess you got a low enough price to offset the lack of warranty. Somebody drove the crap outta that car...

Reply to
Fred W

To answer you question directly, because I see that johannes is on a tangent, ;-) I have no experience with my sport sedans because they are still under warranty. Exoiring in July so I'll be wrenching on them soon.

Reply to
Fred W

Well my problem was easier than I thought. First rule of trouble shooting "do a physical check on system" is always the last thing I try. Don't know why that is... I also don't know why the window control button was pushed down in to the door, but it was. Once I pulled the door and everything else apart and reinstalled it all, both the electric lock and window were operational, just like before.

Anyway! Thank's Fred for the feedback, hope all's well with yours

Reply to
bobbb.bbbbb