2006 9-3 Convt vs 2003

I recently purchased a 2003 9-3se Convt from a relative who left for Japan. Love everything but harsh ride...and was told newer ones are better riding.

Am considering getting a "leftover" 2006 (new) but mechanic at SAAB dealer said that the 2006's were not made as well as the 2003---The 2003 was a true Swedish-built car, while the 2006 is basically a GM car assembled over there?

Would love some opinions about this as I am very reluctant to trade my 2003, which is totally trouble free, for a possible problem. THANKS ALL!

Reply to
Dr. Richard A. Silberstein

Well when I bought my new Aero conv and posed the GM Question the response I got was............

"It is like giving material to a Saville Row tailor and a tailor for George Asda. Although the material is the same the outcome is very different"

In addition, I believe GM have also left the Saab guys pretty much alone, to do there thing - so the calls of "It's a Vectra mate" holds little truth, but the little truth it does hold I can live with.

Thoughts any> I recently purchased a 2003 9-3se Convt from a relative who left for Japan.

Reply to
mickx

Each generation of Saabs becomes less and less Saab. It started with the NG900, through the OG9~3, and now the new 9~3. Personally, I think the GM index has gone too far. It's certainly caused the dealers to stop doing many of he things that made Saabs a better purchase.

They have been assimilated!

Reply to
- Bob -

The '03 was a GM SAAB as much as the current model. The difference is the current model is a much better handling car.

Reply to
Fred W

I think it looks much better too.

Reply to