2006 Saab 9-2x

Throttle surges. Dealer's useless. Spotted identical problem in discussion about Subaru Forrester. Any thoughts?

Reply to
gfwelsh

We don't normally hear a lot about the 9-2's here. Either they are wicked reliable or else the people that buy them just bring em in under warranty and don't frequent internet newsgroups? I wouldn't be surprised if the Scooby crowd had more experiences to share as it really is one under the SAABy badge. But you already knew that.

What is the surging symptom? Does it happen at any particular throttle condition? Engine warm, cold? You know, got any details?

Reply to
Fred W

Ask in a Subaru group ?

It's not actually a Saab you see.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

That's a bit harsh. Admittedly, Saab could have changed the body to make it less obvious, but I wouldn't mind one, just for curiosity value. Saab have always collaborated with other manufacturers. 9000 CS.. best Saab ever. That should get you going... ;-)

Reply to
johannes

I test drove a new one last year. I really wanted to like it. It would have been great here in the New England winters with AWD. Unfortunately, I hated it. It felt very cheap and tinny on the road. The engine vibrated a lot more than I expected since it is the boxer 6 engine. After that test drove I tested a used '03 9^3 Vector (aka Aero) that they had on the lot. When I came back from the test drive I looked like that stupid cartoon drawing they were using to market SAABs for a few years.

Needless to say, I bought the Vector then and there. One of (if not

*the*) best car(s) I have ever owned.
Reply to
Fred W

I don't think I could live with a Subaru STW, it makes a lot of exhaust noise, presumably that's what some buyers like. This model is always featured in computer games. But I would imagine that a Saab would make it more refined, more in tune with a Saab car?

Reply to
johannes