30K Mile 9-5 Service

what do you think think the 30K Mi service for a 2000 9-5 SE Wagon should be. My Mom paid $475 which I think is kinda high.

dxyzc

Kinda low, considering all that is done. Take a look at the owner's manual to see what all they did, it's a whole lot more than just oil and filters.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Actually, they don't replace all that much at 30k. But there is a whole lot of "check this" and "inspect that", which adds up fast at current stealership shop rates (about $90 per hour around these parts).

To the OP, you could call a couple of SAAB dealers in your area and get quotes on what they charge for the 30k maintenance package. Most have a pre-determined package fee.

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W

I agree. Not a bad price compared to other dealers. But, an independent Saab mechanic can do the same for a lot less.

Reply to
Retro Bob

Are the 30, 60, and 90 k services fairly important to get?

Reply to
Tim

Yes. These are where the more important checks and replacements occur. Between them (at ~10k mile intervals) are Oil Services, which are even more important to get on time.

What's not (as) important is where you get them done. If you can get a good independant mechanic, or if you are mechanically inclined and have the time, you can get them done on time and at a lower cost.

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W

Oops I was not correct. It was $627 US.

dxyzc

I should add that Mom is the one add she only had 9,000 miles at the time of service. Was the 30K service not needed or was it still needed due to it being almost 4 years without a major check?

dxyzc

Sounds like they saw your Mom coming at the stealership...

What she should have had done was an oil change (annually) and after 3 years get the cooling system and brakes flushed. The rest of the 30k mile maintenance should wait until 30k miles.

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W

Yes. Absolutely.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Yeah, that's more ballpark for what I'd expect the 30K to go for.

Reply to
Dave Hinz