87 Saab Panel Lights

Dashboard illumination, lights, panel, etc. went out, but fuse is fine and other things off that fuse are working. Is there a second fuse for the dashboard lights?

Reply to
Tom R.

I don't think so. Entire dash (heater control knobs, etc), or just the instrument cluster? If the latter, suspect the potentiometer that controls the brightness of same.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Reply to
Tom R.

I just realized there are two of them and mechanics now wire around the one on the left. My Saab mechanic told me that they are a relatively easy fix. I will see him next week. He hasn't had any business from me this summer, so he is due.

Tom

Reply to
Tom R.